Wednesday, October 20, 2010

WIP Wednesday October 20

WHEW this past week has been really nuts! My family went to Rhinebeck last weekend for the New York Sheep and Wool Festival, which really needs its own post (or many) to describe. Getting ready for the festival meant doing a lot of laundry and prepping the family for a weekend away, plus getting my crafting queue in shape so I knew what I should look for at my biggest shopping opportunity for the year. Then when we got home there's more laundry to do and photographs to upload and dentist appointments and preschool and food to cook... well, basically, that's what I've been up to for the past week.

Also, this stuff.

IMG_4372Align Center

I've made a lot of progress on my Fireside Sweater there in the red, now several inches into the second piece of the front.

To the right is the latest in the pile of squares for the secret project I'm coordinating. It rode in my bag through two days of Rhinebeck with zero progress.

Squirrel mitten #2 is above the thumb and I submitted my proof of 50% progress for this OWL, so it's officially to be ignored for the rest of the month now that I know I can easily finish it in November.

IMG_4157
Proof of 50%.

My spinning is coming along - the ball of top left to spin is at least getting smaller, even if I don't really see much change on the spindle, but this project has dragged on so long that I can't wait to spin something else. ANYTHING else!

Lastly, the brown sweater at the top there is the beginning of a sweater for Spike. He is always curious about what I'm making and one day I asked if he would like socks or a sweater. He said a sweater. So I started it on the drive down to Rhinebeck this past weekend. The pattern is Henry's Sweater, and it's worked in mostly stockinette in the round, so I finally have the easy computer knitting I planned for my Quidditch sweater to be. I'm glad to have my brainless project to work on while I skim the boards!

IMG_4373
Brainless magic loopy sweater.

My first post on the Harry Potter Knitting & Crochet House Cup blog went up today too. It was a lot of fun and I'm happy to be able to contribute!

Look out for my Rhinebeck recap coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment