Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Look into my hats!

I was poking around on Ravelry (how many stories start this way?!) looking for patterns that have a spiral in them to satisfy the Arithmancy requirements for September's HPKCHC class which was, loosely, "something with math". Spirals are math, so a couple fun searches later I happened on the Textured Child's Spiral Hat pattern, which is available for free. I dove into my superwash wool stash and came up with two shades of blue intended for a hat and got to work.

Spike's Spiral

IMG_3821

IMG_3827

It's reversible, and also a handy container for your treasures.

IMG_3830

So my husband came home and I proudly showed him my work. He held it, looked it over, tried it on, and asked for one just like it but in browns. A request from someone I want to make things for, the holy grail of crafting!!

One just like his

IMG_4012

IMG_4024


IMG_4004_crop

Yes, I was standing on the back of the couch to catch this shot. It was worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh I like that pattern! Thanks!

    Aren't you missing one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue one was going to be for Zee but it came out Spike-sized. That's the second time I've done that now, ack!

    ReplyDelete