This project was completed in March 2011.
I finally finished my first sweater!
Like the first sweater I ever started, lo these many years ago (2005 I believe), this one is for my husband. We saw its humble beginnings in my Muggle Studies OWL proposal last January. Despite the name, he did not want the hood. I dove in hoping that I'd figure out how to not have a hood later, and as you all can see - I managed!
I just picked up stitches for the collar/buttonband as I would have around the hood, except there was no hood. Shockingly, it worked. And now Paul has a sweater! And it actually fits!
Pattern: Saturday Morning Hoodie (free pattern from Lion Brand Yarns)
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Bulky, only 807 yards (I still have 6 skeins and some change left! Incredible!)
Needles: Size 11 and 13 Knit Picks Options nickle-plated interchangeables.
Notions: six recycled plastic buttons purchased at Jo-Ann's Fabrics.
Mods: I didn't knit the hood - see text above.
I still look at it and wonder if I really made such a thing. It looks like real clothes. And I made it. I'm impressed!
4 hours ago