Thursday, July 14, 2011

March Stashdown Report

Yes, yes I am aware that it is currently July.  I'm catching up here as best I can...

Here's what I finished in March!

IMG_6201IMG_6236IMG_6203IMG_6295


2011-03-31 11.42.30.jpgIMG_6380IMG_63862011-03-31 23.57.49.jpg

And the lovely yarn I brought home in March:

IMG_6142

This is 440 yards from Kara (dnatheory) who was my upstream swapper for the Staff Swap last term.  She dyed it herself!  Isn't it lovely?

IMG_6806.JPG

This is Alina Shea Creations Shmerino in Whispers of Spring, the yarn club shipment for March 2011.

And just before month's end, I was given a gift pattern on Ravelry for Cassidy, a cabled sweater in worsted weight.  I wanted to start it for my Spring11 OWL in Herbology, so I needed to find appropriate yarn quickly.  I mentioned in the Stash Knit Down group that I was not finding anything good in the stash and what I was looking for just in case someone had what I needed... and KarinMT (of The Periwinkle Sheep) had just the thing!

IMG_6389

Seven skeins of Cascade 220 Superwash, ready to go live at my house.  We met at a grocery store we both frequent and made our swap.

I made some great stuff in March and got some lovely yarn as well, but the best part of March was that it was the first month since I started tracking my yarn yardage in and out in January 2010 that I finally managed to have more yards out than in.  The net decrease was over 1600 yards! I am moving in the right direction!!

No comments:

Post a Comment