Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Project 25: Celeste Shawl

This project was finished in March 2011.

Last Christmas my parents were up visiting and as usual I got out my newest pattern books for my mom to look though.  She saw the Celeste Shawl pattern and fell in love.  The picture in the book has the shawl on a hanger and it's hard to tell much about it, but a quick look through projects on Ravelry helped.

Shawls are very popular right now, but this is a shape you don't see all that often.

IMG_6249

But it sits nicely on the shoulders,

IMG_6220

and floats nicely too.

IMG_6238


Yarn: Sliver Moon Farms 65% superwash wool, 35% bamboo fingering weight yarn purchased at Rhinebeck in 2009

071


Needles: US 7 (4.5mm) Knit Picks Options, Nickel-plated tips

Yardage: 543 yards


Mods:  I left off the beads in the edging.

This project is the finish for my Care of Magical Creatures OWL, which I successfully completed last March.

No comments:

Post a Comment