I finally finished up this spinning project that I started way back in November!
This is Younger Yarn Superwash roving in the Hurley colorway. I used bits of this fiber for learning different techniques, so some went into a 2-ply that I used an Andean bracelent technique to ply back in November:
Some went into the chain-ply practice from the spinning class I took last November, with some mixed in red fiber from my neighbor in order to see what I was doing a bit easier:
And finally I spun the rest of the roving up into singles, which I got around to chain plying during the Super Bowl. Since the yarn was ridiculously overtwisted I ran it back through the wheel using my biggest whorl (4.5:1, same as plying) to try to correct it a bit. I think it actually came out about right!!
pre-washed = 113.66 yards
15 hours ago