Friday, February 4, 2011

Project 10: Swallowtail Shawl

I'm still a little surprised that I managed to pull this off, but as I reported nearly live here on the blog, I made a Swallowtail Shawl in just five days.

Tossed into the snow!

IMG_5631

IMG_5627

Triangles are more versatile than I thought.

IMG_5655

IMG_5645

It was not very many degrees out and snowing when my husband kindly helped me take these photos.

IMG_5638



Pattern: Swallowtail Shawl, by Evelyn A. Clark (free pattern)

Yarn: Knit Picks Shimmer Hand-dyed lace yarn, 70% alpaca, 30% silk, in the stained glass colorway. This skein was a destash from Shannon of Alina Shea Creations.

010

Needles: Size US4/3.75mm nickel-plated Knit Picks Options.

Yards: 343.2 yards


Mods: none!

It's just lovely. A pattern I'd knit again, and that is a rare find.

IMG_5635

No comments:

Post a Comment