Thursday, July 8, 2010

The State of the Stash: 2010 Reality Check

If you've been reading along here surely you've caught one of my monthly Stashdown Reports. If not, the goal that I'm reaching for in 2010 is to use more yarn by yardage than I acquire. We're working as a family to organize our home and make things work better for us, and my husband and I decided to purchase a dresser during a visit to Ikea last May to neatly store some of my craft supplies in the craft room/office. We have a list of household tasks that need to be accomplished before we unpack each room's Ikea things as a reward, and this weekend Paul and Spike put the dresser together and I moved the yarn in.

024

It's not crammed completely full, but I did want to maintain a sense of organization. Here we have the leftover drawer:

025

which is mostly leftovers but there is some random yarn in larger quantities. It's loosely organized with wool on the left, acrylic on the right, and cotton, blends, and novelties in the middle.

Drawer two is fingering (sock) weight yarn. Yes, the whole drawer (oh, and one skein of laceweight - you got me). There's an Alina Shea Creations section there on the right and a Knit Picks Palette sampler filling out the left side nicely.

026

And then holding the dresser down with its own gravitational field we have the Everybody Else drawer.

027

Highlights are quite a bit of alpaca yarns and just about everything that I bought at the Yarn Yard Sale.

It feels great to have this stuff organized! But in the interest of full disclosure, you should know that there's also the matter of this in the basement.

029

The bin behind the barbells and the bin on the seat of the rocking chair are fabric. Everything else (save the holiday lights) is yarn.

And that, my friends, is why I'm trying to buy less yarn.


2 comments:

  1. Wow. I feel really special to have my own section in a drawer. That really makes me feel awesome. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee. What can I say? I like your yarn. A lot. :D

    ReplyDelete