Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mmmmm, Pancakes

My search for a pancake recipe to adopt as my own has been a long process fraught with a lot of mediocre pancakes. I stumbled onto a recipe at one of my favorite recipe sites, allrecipes.com, for Good Old-Fashioned Pancakes and it was absolutely a winner!

004
(don't worry - there was more bacon!)

I double the recipe (with a few adjustments) for our family and we have enough for a few mornings. I also like to tuck some into the freezer for later!

Double-Fashioned Pancakes

3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp plus 1 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
2 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
5 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture and add milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. Whisk the liquids together in the well, gradually incorporating the dry ingredients until everything is mixed together (batter may be slightly lumpy). Use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop batter for individual pancakes.


I just got a Presto griddle and I really quite like it. For pancakes I set the temperature to 350 degrees and brown the pancakes on both sides. In a frying pan, I would set the burner to medium-high and probably have to use a little butter in the pan (which I don't need on the griddle). I can also do six pancakes at once! Can you tell I really like it??

No comments:

Post a Comment