Friday, January 28, 2011

Put on the crazypants

It's the end of the month, which means that in my crafting game things are reaching a fast and furious point of crafting as quickly as possible to beat the deadline, the end of the month. I've already got my stuff done (although not all turned in yet) and I'm making nice progress on my OWLs, so yesterday afternoon when I got a wild idea I decided to run with it.

I've offered to make items to be auctioned off to raise money for two charities this season, and the deadline for one is coming up quickly. The Quidditch theme for the term is charity so my stuff fits nicely there, but there are more bonus points to be had for my team (Hufflepuff!) if I turn the higher-yardage items in for regular classwork.

So that's where I was yesterday, January 27th, when I decided to try to make a Swallowtail Shawl in five days.

Here's my progress this morning.

2011-01-28 11.30.38.jpg

Yes, that's on top of my coat, in the car, sitting in the parking lot of Spike's preschool waiting for dismissal. Zee fell asleep in the morning and instead of putting him in his bed, then waking him up to go get Spike I just put him in the car, grabbed the knitting and went early.

In support of my crazy agenda, I've partially prepped four meals in the last three hours so that I don't have to think about what to cook, I can just work on autopilot between budding lace repeats. Why? Why not? It's silly, it's ridiculous, but it is pretty fun. And I can still use it for points even if I miss the deadline.

Based on total number of stitches in the shawl, right now I am at 17.94% complete. I need to hit 35.53% tonight to stay on pace. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment