Thursday, November 18, 2010

WIP Wednesday November 17

Rolling in a little late this week.... it's been a long week! I finally got a good night's sleep last night though and I'm already feeling a million times better about life, the universe, and everything.

So what have I been working on? This stuff.


1118000914.jpg

We'll start with the red sleeves there, which are still not done, and I've finally faced the fact that they will NOT be done (along with the entire back of the sweater) for a finishing techniques class on Saturday so I postponed it. Since time is running short and deadlines are coming up fast, I decided to focus again on the squirrel mittens (top left) to get those finished up to complete my OWL in Ancient Runes. Top right is the Holden Shawlette that I love knitting and am very happy to get back to. And bottom right is Spike's Sweater, which is still slogging along as stockinette in the round on magic loop and therefore perfect for knitting in the dark.

I don't think that the cabled sweater will be done by the end of the month. Oh well, it's still quite a bit of sweater accomplished this term!

Over on the wheel we have this:

1118000913.jpg

It's superwash roving (top, actually, I think) from Younger Yarn in Hurley. She's got a bunch of fiber up for sale right now - take a look!

IMG_3734

I'm taking a spinning class tonight at The Spinning Room called "Beyond Spinning 101" and I practiced getting my wheel in the car earlier. I think my best bet for tonight is across the car seats in the backseat. I took Spinning 101 four years ago with a rented wheel and that was my spinning experience before getting my spindle in June, so I'm hoping that what I lack in experience I make up in enthusiasm!

No comments:

Post a Comment