Tuesday, March 15, 2011

February Stashdown Report

The fruits of February!

IMG_5682IMG_5821IMG_6061IMG_5826IMG_6049 cropped


IMG_5967IMG_6098IMG_5989IMG_6094


On February 2 we had a snow day and Paul disappeared off to an unknown hiding place, returning with the Dogwood Blossoms Sweater Kit (4620 yards). Holy Guacamole, some day when I am good enough at this knitting thing to make this sweater, it is going to be glorious.

IMG_6152

Shannon/ShaylaMyst, the woman behind Alina Shea Creations, surprised me by letting me choose some goodies out of her shop as a thank you for being her very first customer just over a year ago. (1350 yards)  In the package she included a skein of her own handspun as well.  (430 yards)

IMG_5796

Then we had an event in the House Cup one weekend, and a bunch of the affiliated vendors had sales...

Hermione Jean Creations got me with the Gryffin Sock base, which has gold stellina.  WOW.

Spiked Butterbeer Gryffin Sock (438 yards)

IMG_5778


Sugar Quills Superwash Merino (462 yards)

IMG_5770

Solfjader's Nystverket/EvFa had laceweight alpaca/silk (875 yards) that positively glows,

IMG_5857

and merino fiber that feels like petting a kitten.  I don't think that anything I own is this soft.  Evfa, I'll be back!

IMG_5851

And finally, a little sale was all the push I needed to go tumbling down the path to Nerd Girl Yarns.

Tenth Doctor in Bounce and Stomp, a dyed on demand order. (463 yards)

IMG_5781

Kale in Heart You (490 yards)

IMG_5786

GORGEOUS.

Alina Shea Creations Yarn Club's offering for February was gorgeous, as always (420 yards):

IMG_5980

Then I went shopping.  There were both sales and coupons involved.

Night one (2655.5 yards):

IMG_5976

Night two (1366 yards):

IMG_6138
IMG_6139
IMG_6140


You may notice that there's something different about this month's stashdown report - no totals.  I know what they are and the numbers are right there so you can know too, but I've decided that I'm really selling myself short on the beauty of the things I make and the yarn I buy.  And yes... I am way behind.

2 comments:

  1. Heehee. I like this stash-down. Lots of lovelies knitted... and lots of pretty additions!!

    (Really wishing I'd made it to Hogsmeade weekend, it looks like it was a blast! Probably safer for my exploding stash-room that I didn't, though...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should give up on the stash down report and just feel the yarny love.

    ReplyDelete