Monday, January 11, 2010

Sweet Slippers

Back in December I dug up some complementary stash yarn and whipped these up in a couple days. Doubled worsted-weight yarn on size 9 needles knits up quick and cushy!

118

These are from the pattern Aunt Maggie's Slippers, which is available for free. It's written for a few sizes and, once you get the hang of it, is easily adjustable. The finished slippers are nice and stretchy. I made mine with one strand each of variegated and solid acrylic yarn. The pattern only has two short seams to sew once you're done with the body of the slipper.

066

Spike couldn't resist them. Whenever he spotted them before they were wrapped, he would announce "Shoes!!" and put them on even though they were enormous on his toddler feet. Once they were wrapped, they were unwrapped and rewrapped numerous times before they were unwrapped a final time by my sister, who actually got to keep them.

I know I'll keep these in mind when I need a quick gift. My only reservation is that they are a little slick on the bottom on our wood floors, so that will definitely go into consideration of who gets their own pair.

Ravelry project page

1 comment:

  1. Every once in awhile my mother will knit me a pair of these and I will wear them lovingly until the heals wear out and then I wait for a new pair.

    ReplyDelete