Friday, March 5, 2010

February Stashdown Report

Hey, I almost forgot to do my first monthly Stashdown Report! This is a part of my goal for 2010 to use up more yards of yarn than I buy. In February did better than I did in January and even have pretty good excuses for my purchases. I took a trip to WEBS to meetup with my Harry Potter crafting game friends, so I took the opportunity to get a few things that I knew I couldn't get at my LYS. Then The Periwinkle Sheep had a closeout sale on her merino sport yarn and, well, I couldn't let that get away from me (she still has a couple skeins left!). And last but not least, I did buy some yarn for a crochet sock race challenge that begins tomorrow. I'm one of seven people from my group racing three other groups of seven to produce a pair of crocheted socks. The pattern release is in about 14 hours, which is 3am my time! I kept waking up last night and looking at the clock, even though it was a night early. I don't think I'll be able to stop myself from getting up and beginning when the pattern is released! I also received a gift of a beautiful skein of sock yarn. I am a very lucky person.

Now on the exciting flip side we have the yarn that I've used up! I've blogged about some of these but not others. I gave away a bag full of different eyelash and novelty yarns to one of my House Cup friends, Vertigo, who was at the WEBS meetup. That was pretty exciting, because they've been here lurking in the stash for a couple years doing nothing and she is using them to make pet beds.

I made a house colors cup cozy for those too-hot coffee cups, my Hufflepuff rat of course, coasters, two pairs of socks (one pair here), a beaded bracelet, a colorwork hat, and I finally finished the Saoirse Shawl I started last October. Phew!! A pretty productive month.

So now for the numbers...

February yarn in: 5975 yards
February yarn out: 2988.2 yards
Year-to-date in: 10,508 yards
Year-to-date out: 3491.7 yards

Yards to go until I break even: 7,017 yards

As you can see... I have some crafting to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment