Tuesday, September 8, 2009

So Pretty

I spent all day with this yarn.

236


The colors are represented best here in the first photo. The yarn is Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock in Covelite. I bought it at Rhinebeck back in 2007 and have been afraid to touch it!

It was a long day; Spike had a decently high fever as these things go so he wasn't up to his usual antics, but of course I worried about him and things I can do nothing about. Winding up some yarn cakes turned out to be just interesting enough to keep him from glazing over but not fall asleep standing up.

Here is is, Mom.

235

Did someone say yarn cake?

237

There's been an unfortunate lack of real cake lately, although there has been blueberry pie. But more on that later.

I started swatching the yarn for something special.

264

Nope - not telling what it is yet! I think I know what to do now, but I've got to finish up some works in progress first. Other than taking up needles, time, space, and brainpower, current WIPs now are linked over on the sidebar to their Ravelry pages and I don't want the blog to get cluttered!

I blocked the Daughter headband today in the Mother/Daughter set. Photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment