Thursday, October 17, 2013

WIP Wednesday on a Thursday, October 17, 2013

Let's do this thing!

I started a spinning project. It's kind of an experiment because I'm using the stopwatch on my phone to time how long it takes me to spin.... oooooooo.

It came home in this crowd, from the Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival in 2011 (click through for notes).

038

As an aside, I've lately had an interest in looking at my pictures from fiber festivals and thinking about what I've actually used from each photo. In this one, I've spun up the fiber ball on the top right, dyed one of the ones that is white, and I've used the brownish-pinkish laceweight from Llady Llama at the bottom right. I also use the little needles for a million things. Not bad overall, but I feel like I should be more productive.

So my fiber - Wheel Candy from Bittersweet Woolery, merino dyed in a color called Bubble Gum Vampire, looked like this.

020

I'm 11 hours and 11 minutes in for spinning time so far.

IMG_2209

I have about two and a half of these guys to go.

IMG_2210


Now as to why my camera is taking pictures that look like they came from a cell phone in 2004, I don't know.

Paper Moon - these socks are still coming along. I'm into the gusset increases, which makes a cool little reverse stockinette triangle on the side of the heel area.

20131017_103618.jpg

Morticia - I put this down in the middle of a row. Why did I think that was a good idea??

20131017_103638.jpg

Maluka - Coming along, of course...

20131017_103632.jpg

Pink stripey socks - I picked these up to take along to the open house at my younger son's preschool. You can't beat a couple hours of presentations in a school gym for getting a sock from most of a toe to most of a foot without looking at it! It keeps me from getting restless so I can actually still pay attention, and I get lots of knitting done. Awesome.

20131017_103622.jpg


I have some finished objects to talk about later this week! Otherwise known as... tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment